Cart ()

Breonna Taylor’s Family Settles Multi-Million-Dollar Wrongful Death Lawsuit With Louisville

Breonna Taylor’s Family Settles Multi-Million-Dollar Wrongful Death Lawsuit With Louisville

The city of Louisville reached a multi-million-dollar settlement in the wrongful death lawsuit filed by the family of Breonna Taylor, CNN reports.

Taylor, a 26-year-old emergency room technician, was killed by police executing a no-knock warrant targeting her ex-boyfriend in March.

Her current boyfriend said police did not announce themselves and he fired a warning shot because he thought someone was breaking in.

Police returned fire, killing Taylor in her bed.

Multi-million-dollar settlement:

Attorney Sam Aguilar told CNN that a settlement with the city had been reached.

"The city's response in this case has been delayed and it's been frustrating, but the fact that they've been willing to sit down and talk significant reform was a step in the right direction and hopefully a turning point," he said.

Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer is expected to announce the terms of the multi-million-dollar settlement at a news conference on Tuesday.

Reforms expected:

The city is also expected to announce a series of police reforms as part of the settlement.

One of the three officers who fired their weapons was fired in June. The other two officers remain on the job.

Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron and the FBI are investigating the shooting. A grand jury has also been empaneled to investigate the evidence.

"My office is continually asked about a timeline regarding the investigation into the death of Ms. Breonna Taylor. An investigation, if done properly, cannot follow a specific timeline,” Cameron said last week.